I was very blessed to attend the Mom Heart Conference with Sally Clarkson this weekend. I have NO idea how I have not know of Sally until now. (Probably because I wasn’t listening to other mom’s around me!) Not only did Sally Clarkson speak, but also Chrystal Evans Hurst. This conference was really great ya’ll! In honor of all of the amazing things I heard, I thought I would just put some of the encouraging words here for you.
- We are capable of beauty (in our homes and in our lives) because we have a GOD who is capable of beauty! We only must offer Him the ashes! – Chrystal Evans Hurst
Most of these are from Sally Clarkson (I’m sure she wasn’t the first to say them, but I am crediting her with them for now.)
- Right is always right even if no one is doing it and wrong is always wrong even if everyone is doing it!
- Even a fool seems wise if he keeps his mouth closed!
- Relax a little more; don’t worry so much about the schedule!
- Don’t follow a parenting formula; just study the life of Christ!
- Be careful with your words. We never know what is going to stick! There is power of life and death in our tongues!
- Never send a soldier into battle who hasn’t been trained!
- Don’t let a culture that is addicted to mediocrity be the voice in your head! We have the option of excellence because God is excellent!
- It is better to shoot for the stars and miss than to shoot for the mud and stick!
I told you this was good stuff. I will have more posts about my fun weekend soon, but hopefully this can fill you up today!